Remember last week how I bitched about how I suck at meal planning? WELL Ginny at A Modern Commonplace Book is a problem solver. She emailed me sharing my sentiment, and had an idea for a better solution. Together we brainstormed, planned and tested, and over the last week or so, The "No Plan" Meal Plan was born :D
We are busy ladies. We don't have time to spend an hour plus every night cooking dinner. And with this plan, you don't have to! We had a few "non negotiable" when it came to the perfect plan!
- It HAD to be budget friendly. I want Beef Wellington for dinner every night as much as the next person, but I can't afford that. Keeping every week under 20 ingredients seemed like a really easy way to achieve this. PLUS I shared my extreme distaste for recipes with more than 5 ingredients. If it has more than 5 I stop reading. I am lazy. I want something easy.
- I wanted OPTIONS. I can't even tell you how many times I looked at the meal plans of yore and saw a dinner I wasn't in the mood for so we just ate out. I wanted options to pick from, not scheduled days.
- Same thing with time options! When I am tired after work I don't want to spend an hour plus on dinner. On those nights I want a 10 minute done meal.
- If you know how I eat, you know that having 3 food groups are important to me. I need a starch, protein and veggie for dinner. And the awesome thing is this will fit in great when I start the 21 Day Fix next week!
- I love finding recipes, but hate when it makes 8 servings! It's just me and my husband. And we love food! If there are 8 servings, I would bet you 6 of them get eaten between the two of us. Not only is more cost effective to cook for 2, but it is better for our portion control efforts. If you have more than 2, multiply :D math is fun!
- I conceded to one prep time on the weekends. Not my favorite act but it helps so much during the week. A necessary evil. Even better if everything is written out for me that I need to do.
So she took my demands in stride and we came up with what I think is the most genius meal plan ever.
You have 5 dinners laid out with different time options. There are also meat substitution options in there too. All the ingredients, recipe and grocery list (with prep list) are on ONE PAGE! You just have to print this one thing and it is your life! So easy!
So since Monday we have been trying these recipes out and they are all SO GOOD! The salsa has made an appearance on every lunch I have had this week, as well as the easiest pork recipe ever (that didn't make the cut this week).
I am so excited to share our brainchild and this awesomely easy solution to meal planning. If you try it out, LET US KNOW! We would love to hear from you! And every Thursday for the foreseeable future we will be sharing these on both A Modern Commonplace Book and here so you have Thursday- Sunday for shopping and prep :D
So there you go :D Enjoy!! Pin it if you want to :D