And on these social networks, I promised a recipe! So here it is!
Completely Clean Chili
1 lb Ground Turkey (97% lean or better)
4 large Tomatoes
3 large Bell Peppers (mine were red, green and orange)
Cumin, Garlic Powder and Chili Powder to taste
Plain Greek Yogurt (for top)(Optional- Onions. Husband is allergic so I didn't use them, but they would be good)
1. Cut up peppers and tomato (and onion if you are using it) into 8ths. You want pretty big chunks for this part.
2. Place in an oven safe sautee pan and roast in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until soft.
3. Blend the roasted veggies until chunky, but still a liquid. I used my Ninja. I like slightly chunky chili, so I didn't pulverize it, just until chunky.
4. Brown Turkey.
5. Add veggie mix to turkey and season.
6. Let simmer for 10-30 min (whatever you prefer).
7. Add a dollop of plain Greek Yogurt and tada! Clean Chili!
This chili was super hearty and totally satisfied my craving. It was SO GOOD in fact, that instead of buying canned tomatoes, we are going to make chili this way from now on! It was super easy and had awesome flavor. PLUS it was 100% clean! yay for that!
If you decide to make it, definitely tag me on instagram so I can see!