Sure I hit it a few weeks ago, but I am in need of a little inspiration so I thought I would look back and look at the differences between then and now :)
When I started my weight loss journey, I was 285.5 lbs. I was uncomfortable in my skin, wearing undershirts to hide the fact my pants weren't buttoned and I hated the way I looked and felt.
Bring on the pictures!
I am wearing the exact same outfit (you can even see the paint splatters on the pants lol)
Bring on the list! Aside from the obvious by looking at me, I feel different for sure!
- My stomach doesn't stick out past my boobs. And when I sit down, I don't have it in my lap as much. I still have a tummy, for sure, but it is a lot smaller :)
- My chest (not necessarily my boobs, buy my chest area) is smaller. When I would lie on my back, my chest would almost suffocate me. Now I can lay down flat and breathe!
- I only have two chins instead of 4! Sweet!
- I can go up a flight of stairs without feeling like I am dying.
- I fit more comfortably in movie theatre seats.
- This one is TMI so if you are related to me, stop reading. Sex is way better. Told you TMI but true.
- Everything on me is smaller, arms, boobs, thighs, but oddly my hair is exactly the same length.
I need to remind myself to look at these photos and remember how far I have come when I am struggling. It is a marathon, not a sprint, and I am in this for the long haul. It is important to look at how far you have come with just as much weight as how far you have to go. Looking ahead is daunting. Looking behind is rewarding. Ok enough fortune cookie crap lol.
I can't wait to write another one of these 30 lbs from now to tell you how much better I feel then!
Also, speaking of this being a marathon, and to tie into my goals I set yesterday , I need to make more short term goals. With that, I am making the goal to get out of the 250's by March 1. I have been in here too long (almost 2 months) and so it is time to say goodbye. I have been hovering around 254 for a couple weeks so I want to kick ass these next two and say goodbye to the 250's with February!
How far have you come? Setting any goals to reach by March 1st? Has your hair not changed in months? lol